The main purpose of thermal insulation at oil pipeline transportation facilities is to reduce the intensity of thermal interaction between the product being transported and the environment.
Kovalevsky VB, Ph.D., head. Laboratory of thermal insulation and inorganic coatings of LLC Institute of VNIIST, Technologies of the Fuel and Energy Complex, No. 1-2006.
In addition, the heat-insulating coating can fully or partially function as an anti-corrosion coating, as well as a protective coating against mechanical, chemical, radiation and other types of effects on both the objects of pipeline oil transportation and on the anti-corrosion coating on them.
Thermal insulation "TEMP-COAT ® " on the objects of pipeline transportation of oil will help:
- to ensure the specified temperature distribution along the length of the pipeline;
- reduce heat losses and, consequently, the cost of heating oil during the transportation of viscous oils;
- reduce operational costs for pumping viscous oils due to a decrease in viscosity when pumping warm oil;
- prevent oil from freezing in the pipeline for a specified period in case of emergency shutdown of the pipeline;
- reduce the impact of pipelines transporting oil with a positive temperature on the environment and especially on permafrost in the Far North regions;
- ensure safe temperatures on the surface of oil pipeline transportation facilities;
- reduce heat losses during storage of oil and oil products in tanks and process pipelines;
- provide comprehensive thermal and waterproofing protection of oil pipeline transportation facilities.
Thin-layer spherone-filled materials are resistant to oil and oil products of all kinds, works reliably in the temperature range from -60 ° C to 260 ° C, have high thermal insulation properties and mechanical strength, increased adhesion to various materials.
Thermal insulation TEMP-COAT ® will ensure maximum safety, operational efficiency and reliability for a given period of time.
The complex of physicomechanical and technological properties together with high performance characteristics makes it possible to say that thin-layer insulators are one of the best materials for thermal insulation of pipelines.
Of great importance for insulating materials is an indicator of open porosity, and, consequently, the possible water saturation of the material
Spheron-filled heat-insulating materials on a polymeric binder have extremely high strength (9-60 MPa). Given that these materials are characterized by the almost complete absence of water absorption, spheron-filled materials can be indispensable for underwater laying at depths of up to 4-6 km.
Tests of this material on special objects in marine conditions have shown their high efficiency.
Of the foreign sphere-filled materials known "TEMP-COAT ® ". In the initial state, these are microscopic, air-filled ceramic and silicone balls, which are suspended in a liquid composition consisting of synthetic rubber, acrylic polymers and inorganic pigments. Coating "TEMP-COAT ® " has thermal insulation and anti-corrosion properties.
To improve the quality of thermal insulation coating of pipelines, thermal insulation is applied to the pipes in factory (base) conditions. In those cases when it is required to insulate an already assembled section of the pipeline or repair the thermal insulation coating on the pipeline, industrial technologies should be used with maximum use of prefabricated thermal insulation coating elements (TEMP-COAT ® ).